While we are already working on the big stuff like zoomable graphs, we decided to release yet another minor update in-between with some interesting features.
And again, the full changelog for those who want to know every little detail or those who don’t like videos…
Changes for both Android and iOS
- Save or share and load experiment states including your recorded data – even across platforms.
- GPS support.
- Audio autocorrelation and spectrum show corresponding musical notes.
- You can now pick between different number of samples in audio spectrum.
- New experiments: Accelerometer and magnetometer spectrum.
- Time period of audio scope is now selectable.
- Improved algorithm for audio autocorrelation.
- Audio amplitude can now be calibrated to give sound pressure level in dB.
- Splash screen with university logo.
- Show magnetometer accuracy.
- Move clear function to the action bar as a button.
- Minor improvements to TalkBack / VoiceOver by adding descriptions to unlabeled buttons.
- Buffer for acoustic stopwatch and inelastic collision has been increased, which might help on slower phones.
Changes for Android
- Fix crash on Android 7.1 and Android O when reading non-3D sensors (like pressure or light).
- Fix crash when rotating while the description hint starts showing.
- Fix crash on bad experiment icons in main menu.
Changes for iOS
- Fix crash on consecutive Fourier transforms.
- Code has been converted to Swift 3. Ideally, there should be no noticable change. Ideally.
- Old, discontinued audio engine has been replaced.
- Fix: VoiceOver stopped working when phyphox handled audio.
- University logo added to credits dialog.
File format update to version 1.5
- Allow initializing buffers using a list of values.
- Add mapping of ranges to value element to show text instead of numbers.
- Add accuracy channel to sensors (magnetometer only).
- Allow for dynamic sleep times of analysis cycles.
- New analysis modules: round and log.
- Fix handling of start value in subrange module.
- Fix on Android: FFT module now uses actual number of data points instead of just the buffer size.
- Fix on iOS: Button elements could not use buffers as inputs.
The editor and Wiki entries will be updated over the next few hours.