Welcome to the phyphox editor. If you are here for the first time, you should check out our introduction here.
Update 17 June 2019
There have been a lot of changes for phyphox version 1.1.0 which introduces file format 1.7. Also, we (that is mostly Paul Surrey) have created a new way to arrange analysis modules.
Note: While there have been many changes to the editor, not all new features of phyphox work in the editor like named colors or multi-data plots with individual colors. Also, while the editor can store the arangement of analysis modules, the experiments shipped with phyphox have not been created with the editor, so loading them will lead to a rather messy arrangement.
So, if you have trouble with a specific experiment or find a bug (there will be some), please write us an email or get in touch with us on our forums. Finally, for some functions you will have to work with the raw experiment files in a text editor as they cannot be represented by the editor (for example connecting multiple outputs to a single input).
So, here are the changes:
Update 12 February 2018
- Analysis-Tab has been rewritten, so modules can be freely arranged and buffer creation is more intuitive.
- Download now refers to the new Download/Export-tab with multiple options.
- Generate QR-Codes and zip files from within the editor.
- Offer loading Bluetooth Low Energy experiments from the app.
- Update to file format version 1.7 (from phyphox 1.1.0) with many new features:
- New graph types and multiple graphs (partially supported in the editor)
- New Bluetooth Low Energy definitions
- New "formula" analysis module
- New "reduce" analysis module
- New "map" analysis module
- New attribute to enable analysis optimization (only re-run modules if their inputs have changed), not yet supported by the editor as the feature is still incomplete in phyphox.
- Label and unit can (and should) be separated for graphs to allow giving the right unit when reading a single data point
- Colors can be names instead of RGB hex values (not yet supported by the editor)
- Value and info elements may now be colored
- Temperature and humidity sensor types
Update 15 June 2017
- Update to file format version 1.6 (from phyphox 1.0.10) which supports reading the actual audio sample rate from audio inputs.
Update 24 February 2017
- Update to file format version 1.5 (from phyphox 1.0.7) with support for GPS input, new analysis modules (round and log), string mapping for value elements, dynamic sleep times, accuracy channels and initializing whole arrays.
Update 17 November 2016
- Update to file format version 1.4 (from phyphox 1.0.6) with support for empty inputs, the new subrange analysis module, the new separator view element, the abs output of sensors and the proximity sensor.
- Change the load dialog to allow downloading the originals.
Update 23 October 2016
- Update to file format version 1.3 (from phyphox 1.0.4) with its new if-module, button view elements and the option to initialize buffers.
- Show connections from outputs to inputs ealier in the list of modules by drawing a line from the input down to the height of the output. Still looking for a more intuitive solution here...
Update 11 October 2016
- Fix experiment download for Internet Explorer.
Update 27 September 2016
- Update to file format version 1.2 (from phyphox 1.0.3) including many new analysis modules (trigonometry and statistics) as well as new attributes x/yPrecision for the graph and size for the value view element.
- Fix default aspect ratio of graphs to the default 2.5 actually used in the app.
Update 19 September 2016
- Update to file format version 1.1 (from phyphox 1.0.2) to allow setting min and max for edit view elements.
- "clear" is now enabled by default on inputs as this is usually what inexperienced users need.
- Bugfix: Suppress empty icon tag.