phyphox Forums

Full Version: Sonar single set of chirps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently the sonar experiment loops the set of 5 chirps continuously until it is stopped. This requires use of the remote connection to collect data when the phone is in the sound damping chamber. I wonder if it would be useful to allow for the experiment to run a single set of chirps with a delay so that one could start the experiment, place the phone in the chamber, allow it run a single set of chirps, and then view the results on the phone afterwards.

I have also noticed that occasionally when I stop the sonar experiment, an extraneous set of chirps are emitted very rapidly after the previous set. This is causing errors in the readings. The setup above might remove that problem.
Have you already tried “Timed Run” in the “⋮” menu? If I set the experiment duration to one second, exactly one chirp is run.

Quote:I have also noticed that occasionally when I stop the sonar experiment, an extraneous set of chirps are emitted very rapidly after the previous set. This is causing errors in the readings. The setup above might remove that problem.
This has not happened on my Apple devices so far. Could you please provide your device info (main menu, (ℹ) at the top). Did you tap stop on your smartphone or remotely?