phyphox Forums

Full Version: Chronophotography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I am interested in adding a module on Phyphox similar to the (discontinued) MotionShot app.
The purpose is to use the chronophotographies as images to analyse in Python (trajectory, speed and acceleration vectors for students).

Please tell me if you are interested in developing that app.

I am a physics and chemistry high school teacher in France.

Cheers,
We are just about to start implementing camera support into phyphox (hopefully, after we finally got 1.1.12 released, so far in beta just on Android). So it still takes some time until we can meaningfully utilise it.

We have thought about “classical” video analysis, i.e. object tracking, for the end of this project. However, it is not the first time that we have received this request of stroboscope like shots and it appears to be mandatory in Bavaria now… hm.
(04-07-2023, 06:20 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: [ -> ]We are just about to start implementing camera support into phyphox (hopefully, after we finally got 1.1.12 released, so far in beta just on Android). So it still takes some time until we can meaningfully utilise it.

We have thought about “classical” video analysis, i.e. object tracking, for the end of this project. However, it is not the first time that we have received this request of stroboscope like shots and it appears to be mandatory in Bavaria now… hm.

I am also very intesrested in this tool! Big Grin  Please notify when it's available... Blush
Hello,
I am very interseted in this tool too. Quite necessary in France, chronophotography is a mandatory subject in the middle school programm.
Just switch to automagic updates in the Play or App Store then… Wink

It's still early stages though.