This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

gausssmooth and 2 color graph
...and this should also be fixed in the beta 1.1.7-beta3 that I just published.
Bonjour Sebastian,

all works perfectly well with 1.1.7-beta3. No peak anymore on the gausssmooth curve (with sigma=20), see attached figure. But a new problem has appeared: phyphox does not want to register new programs from e-mail...

Mikhail Dodgy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-27-2020, 12:41 PM)solid Wrote: Bonjour Sebastian,

all works perfectly well with 1.1.7-beta3. No peak anymore on the gausssmooth curve (with sigma=20), see attached figure. But a new problem has appeared: phyphox does not want to register new programs from e-mail...

Mikhail Dodgy

Sorry to hear that, but that's what Beta versions are for and I am very happy that you test and report every problem. Unfortunately, I could not reproduce it with gmail (tried phyphox-files, zips and phyphox-links). Could you give a few more details? Is it a phyphox-file or a zip-file? Which email app did you use and what happens if you try to open the file? I assume it is an attachment?
It is OK, I am sorry for warning but maybe it is file specific. Look the discussion in the requested options... With a new rectified file (attached here) there is no problem.

Attached Files
.phyphox   Barometric FastFineSmooth(2colors)no_ed.phyphox (Size: 4.71 KB / Downloads: 305)
In previous examples of phyphox-files the version was not indicated and the experiment could be used only by Android smartphones, sorry.. Here is a corrected version of the pressure measurements using SensorTag of Texas Instruments with data smoothing by Gausssmooth and LOESS. Also the average of last 20 points of the raw pressure is given (the latter two additions were proposed by Sebastian). It works well for our students laboratory experiment of Clément and Desormes (determination of Cp/Cv of air).

.phyphox   Barometric FastFineSmooth(3colors)shortTP.phyphox (Size: 6.65 KB / Downloads: 257)
Here is a compact version without smoothing and without temperature reading. Only average of last 20 point has remained for a more stable reading of pressure.

.phyphox   Barometric FastFine(P_only)Last20.phyphox (Size: 3.62 KB / Downloads: 306)
Good evening.

Another problem has appeared. It is not related to smoothing of the measurements of pressure using SensorTag, but to the value read by iphones. Everything works perfectly well for two last experiments given above with Android phones. An iphone accept the experiment and lunch it but the values are too high as seen on the attached screen capture ! The pressure value should be around 1000 Pa ...

What it could be and how to solve the problem? Unfortunately I do not have an iphone myself ...

Mikhail

Damn, someone noticed before we could fix it. I am preparing an update right now that fixes this problem, which should be available in a few days.

The problem was that the binary conversion for 24 bit integers was a bit mangled up after the last migration to Swift 4. So, all values from the sensors with 24bit data are messed up in the iPhone, which to my knowledge only affects the pressure sensor on the SensorTag.
Thank you, Sebastian!
Poor students with iphones feel not so happy now Big Grin ...
On my iDevices it has been exactly a factor of 256 by the way… Smile