This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Malus’ law using SensorTag
It is more of an offset rather than a cut-off, isn't it? I have briefly discussed with Sebastian about it: it might also be some non linearity that “shifts” the fit or some relic of the algorithm for the sensor output data.

Anyway, I am pretty impressed from the result. I would like to share this on Twitter tomorrow morning, same on Facebook a bit latter so that it does not lose attenuation due to some other … announcement. Wink
Hello Jens.
What I see on the measurement done by smartphone it is a negative shift with a clear cutoff of the signal at zero level... I do not see a notable non-linearity... There is no distortion on the measurements done by Sensor Tag. Cool
Greetings
Mikhail
It cannot go below zero, can it? Perhaps the word “cutoff” gets lost in translation: I would not put it that way in German… Wink

Thanks for checking.
Sad 
Hi,

after passing to phyphox version 1.1.12-beta2 my polarization experiment does not work anymore with the SensorTag Angry . No indication while running and crash phyphox on a new device. What can be upgraded in order to repair this problem? Huh  We use this program showing to students the real Malus law. 

With Brest wishes Cool
Mikhail
First, thanks for reporting that there is also a problem with the SensorTag. We are aware of BLE problems with the beta version on Android and Dominik is already onto it, AFAIK.
The new beta (3) is out. Could you please check if it fixes your issues with the SensorTag?