This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Rotation with gyroscope
Shocked 
Children don't understand much rotation speeds in rad/s in the raw data of the gyroscope. So I add "turns" where they can see a number of turns (signed - positive left and negative right and absolute). The smartphone should be kept horizontally while turning Angel ...
The example shows 3 turns left and then 1 turn right.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.phyphox   gyroscope_turns.phyphox (Size: 28.35 KB / Downloads: 301)
Nice Smile

I experience some flickering, apparently when “Turns around z” and “Absolute turns” are different. Please find attached a screenshot on an iPhone.

“Absolute turns” typically and almost immediately shows a reasonable value again (of about 6 here). The scale of the vertical axis also frequently jumps to four digit values, however, I could not catch it in a picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thouse iPhones ...
Anyway the program should be rectified even for Android phones. The published version is the first approach to an urgent request.
Wink

Possibly a different handling of buffers in the views. I have not yet found time to check your code on that…