This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hardwares to boost phyphox
Hi guys, 
I found this work about use the headphone jack as an external port on smartphone. With a simple circuit they can measure external temperature (through microfone amplitude) and dc voltage (see reference 5) through microfone frequence. 
Next week I will try this circuits with phyphox and post my results here. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication...n_cookbook
While I appreciate the simplicity of effectively wiring the audio output to the audio input, I am afraid that this requires a calibration for each phone as I would expect that the output and input levels differ. So, for sensors that easily work across devices, digital communication (i.e. BLE) is preferable but requires more complex electronics, while this audio jack method is ingeniously simple to build for a single device.