This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MicroBit Bluetooth UART
Dear Sebastian and colleagues,

in the curriculum of bavaria we should characterize solar cells. So i was thinking of using the Micro:Bit as external sensor.
The Micro:Bit should measure the Rotation and the Voltage on Pin 0 and i would get ideally the sine wave.

I used your wonderful project of measuring voltage on Pin0 and this is working with Micro:Bit and PhyPhox. By using the Flashlight of the Smartphone, you just need some cable, a battery pack and the microbit (see attachement).

But the Micro:Bit has no Characteristic for the Rotation. So i thought of using Overview Characteristics.
With the attached programme i was able to receive the Rotation with BLExplorer (see screenshot), but i failed with PhyPhox.

PhyPhox connects, but nothing is displayed.
Code:
<phyphox version="1.6">
    <title>micro:bit UART</title>
    <category>Bluetooth</category>
    <description>Read UART form micro:bit</description>
    <data-containers>
        <container size="0">rot</container>
        <container size="0">rotcal</container>
        <container size="0">t</container>
    </data-containers>
    <input>
        <bluetooth name="BBC micro:bit">
            <output char="6E400002-B5A3-F393-E0A9-E50E24DCCA9E" conversion="string">rot</output>
            <output char="6E400002-B5A3-F393-E0A9-E50E24DCCA9E" extra="time">t</output>
        </bluetooth>
    </input>
    <views>
        <view label="Raw Data">
            <graph minY="0" scaleMinY="fixed" maxY="90" scaleMaxY="fixed" labelX="time" unitX="s" labelY="Rotation" unitY="V">
                <input axis="x">t</input>
                <input axis="y">rotcal</input>
            </graph>
            <value size="3" unit="DEG" label="Rotation">
                <input>rotcal</input>
            </value>
        </view>
    </views>
    <analysis>
        <multiply>
            <input clear="false">rot</input>
            <input type="value">1.00</input>