This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

possibility for uploading experiments
(11-09-2020, 03:02 PM)fbouquet Wrote: Jens, I am sorry, but i am not an apple user, and I don't understand (nor can I replicate) your iCloud solution. Just, when you say that the phyphox files only need to be stored on the user device, that is not totally true, at least on the Android side: the app phyphox should also be able to access it, and know that it should.

There is an app called “Files” that similarly exists on Android, AFAIR. Typically, I just use the shared folders (in iCloud), however, on-device files work equally well: on iDevices a .phyphox file from storage gets opened in phyphox on tap…

Quote:Dominik, thank you for this trick. I am not a dropbox user, so I did not test it before, but it is great. So I could advice a physics teacher to :
- upload a phyphox file on dropbox
- create a QR code from the link to share the file with "phyphox://" at the beginning, and "dl=1" at the end

The “phyphox://” won't work here as it would indicate an unsupported protocol for dropbox, just the regular “https://” link.

However, the link that Dominik has provided just gives me a download and I need to separately open the downloaded file, so there does not appear to be an advantage for Dropbox over any other cloud storage service, does it?

I have fully understood your intention, Fred. If opening the .phyphox files from storage on Android does not work, there does not appear to be a cross platform solution rather than Sebastian's link magic, I suppose…?

Messages In This Thread
RE: possibility for uploading experiments - by Jens Noriʇzsɔɥ - 11-09-2020, 03:54 PM