This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

large skips in time stamps
Thanks for this info, very helpful. One issue is that I think I misinterpreted the docs. I had selected "without g" because for some reason I had it in my head that it was the non-fusion sensor. For data like this, I will proceed in the future "with g" so that I don't depend on the other sensors.

Looking forward to the next version. Yes I've noticed this same effect before albeit not in an extreme roller coaster environment. I always assumed it was user-error on my part or maybe too much data acquired for a buffer or something. I will do some controlled experiments and raise the issue again if I think it's warranted.

I'm curious about how the magnetometer enters in. The gyroscope makes sense for a correction, but I'm unclear about how/why the magnetometer enters in, esp in any experiment that is "local enough."

Thanks for the replies!

Messages In This Thread
large skips in time stamps - by jeglin - 08-27-2022, 05:20 PM
RE: large skips in time stamps - by jeglin - 08-30-2022, 04:34 AM
RE: large skips in time stamps - by jeglin - 08-30-2022, 04:58 PM
RE: large skips in time stamps - by jeglin - 09-05-2022, 06:39 PM