This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

conditions for screen shutting off
Hello,

I have a question about the screen management in phyphox, which may be more general than just phyphox, I do not know...

When I use phyphox, my screen stays open, even though I have selected in my Android parameters that I want the screen to shut off after two minutes of non-activity. The fact that my screen doesn't shut off when phyphox is running, even if I am not touching the smartphone, is obviously a good thing, I do not want my experiment to stop. But I have noticed, when working with students, that it is not the case for every smartphone. Some of my students have smartphones whose screen goes black after a couple of minutes if they are not touching it, even though a phyphox experiment is running. Which obviously is a problem for them, and for me.

Since I do not have this problem myself, it is difficult for me to test it. Is this a known problem?

Cheers,

Fred

Messages In This Thread
conditions for screen shutting off - by fbouquet - 02-22-2023, 10:13 AM