This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

curling lab/data collection
Quote:I am a biology major teaching high school physics this year. I am trying to create a data collection lab for the sport of curling. My class will be taking a field trip to a curling club the first week of February. I would like them to design an experiment around the sport of curling. 

I have been trying to use the phyphox mobile app to see if there is a way the students could use these apps to collect data. My problem is, I am not sure how to interpret the data that I have collect from the app. Being a biology major, my expertise in physics is lacking, is there any suggestions you have for using the mobile app to collect data based on the game/skills of curling? Would you be able to help me explain to students how to interpret the data that could be collected using their phones? 

One question I was temped to have the students try to answer is "Does sweeping change the coefficient of friction between the ice and the curling stone? 
I am most thankful for any help that you could give me. 

Messages In This Thread
curling lab/data collection - by jtimmer88 - 01-24-2019, 03:14 AM