This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Measuring Magnetic Field Strength
Hello,

I'm currently doing a high school experiment on how temperature affects the magnetic field strength of a neodymium magnet and my teacher recommended Phyphox.

I'm planning to simply record the magnetic field strength before and after the magnet is subjected to an extreme temperature change but was hoping for some advice. I understand that the magnetometer has a calibrated and uncalibrated mode but I don't really understand what this means. I cannot tell the difference between it being calibrated and uncalibrated.

Also, it seems like there's a bit of interference regardless of whether or not the magnets are placed nearby so I assume I have to subtract a value for every result I get. And I'm assuming for this type of test, the absolute magnetometer test might be best? I'm not sure how I could use the x, y, and z separately. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm currently testing this using the Samsung Galaxy S9, by the way.

Kind regards,
Eddy

Messages In This Thread
Measuring Magnetic Field Strength - by EddyK - 11-25-2019, 08:42 AM
RE: Measuring Magnetic Field Strength - by EddyK - 11-25-2019, 04:03 PM
RE: Measuring Magnetic Field Strength - by Lisa - 11-04-2023, 08:18 AM