This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

App crashes with some experiments (Android)
Hi,

I'm working on an experiment to try to extract multiple sensor values packed in a single notification from an ESP32 based device (notification include 7 16bit integers packed as 14 bytes).
Afterwards the values should be put into a timely sequence (plan is to raise the frequency of sensor values).
That's just to explain the background.

I've the problem that Phyphox app crashes on my Android phone.

1. I've a version of the experiment that is working fine regarding stability (including the graph) ("ESP32_07_einfach08.phyphox")
  2. another one (I entered completey from scratch) crashes the app as soon as I start the experiment and push the screen again to stop the experiment ("ESP32_07_einfach10.4.phyphox"); the graph shows nothing ...
    This version has same functionality as #1 (I re-entered it to get rid of some inconsistencies)
  3. there is an advanced version a friend of mine created that is also crashed the app on my phone ("ESP32_07_einfach10(1).phyphox")
    In this version a view tab just displaying some values works fine; a second view tab containing a graph crashed the app immediately

So #1-3 are working on my friends phone (also Android)
Only #1 is working on mine.

Some more details on my phone:
- Samsung S6 with 32GB storage
- Android 7 (latest available for this phone)
- around 2GB free on SD card, around 700MB free RAM
- latest Phyphox app (updated today)

I use Firefox to access Phyphox editor.

Any idea what to check ?
The issue seems to be related to my phone, but also depends on the experiment.
I'm somewhat confused :-(

Uwe

Attached Files
.phyphox   ESP32_07_einfach10(1).phyphox (Size: 6.22 KB / Downloads: 379)
.phyphox   ESP32_07_einfach10.4.phyphox (Size: 4.14 KB / Downloads: 376)
.phyphox   ESP32_07_einfach08.phyphox (Size: 4.21 KB / Downloads: 369)
.phyphox   ESP32_07_einfach11.3.phyphox (Size: 4.66 KB / Downloads: 358)
.zip   Phyphox_ESP32_07.ino.zip (Size: 1.81 KB / Downloads: 360)

Messages In This Thread
App crashes with some experiments (Android) - by Uwe - 04-14-2020, 04:31 PM