This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Question about the phyphox file format
Hello,

I am experimenting with the phyphox file format to create new experiments. So far I am playing with toy experiments to understand how phyphox is working. I have a question, which I think is for Sebastian (Hello!):

I created a size 1 buffer which I initialized to 0, and I visualize its value in a <view> <value>. At the beginning, even before I hit the "start" button, it shows 1 instead of "0", and I wonder why. In the <analysis> section I increase the value of this buffer each second when the program is running, so I guess there is a first pass at the analysis section even before the program runs? What did I miss?

I attached here a minimal program demonstrating this effect.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Cheers,

Fred

Playing a bit more :

I have the impression that phyphox executes once the analysis section when the experiment is open, but then rests at the end of the analysis section. When the user hits the "start" button, it continues the execution from the experiment starting form here (the end of the first analysis). When the "pause" button is punched, the analysis is performed, and the program rests at the end of the analysis section. When "restart" is punched,  the program restarts from here (the end of the analysis, not the beginning).

Is that correct?

I am playing with the dynamic sleep option, and I was trying to understand how the program works, by switching analysis section of 3 and 10 seconds (minimal program attached).

Cheers,

Fred

Attached Files
.phyphox   test_analysis.phyphox (Size: 767 bytes / Downloads: 393)
.phyphox   test_dynamic_sleep.phyphox (Size: 1.17 KB / Downloads: 388)

Messages In This Thread
Question about the phyphox file format - by fbouquet - 04-17-2020, 11:24 AM