This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MicroBit Bluetooth UART
I got it to work, but this topic really hit every single little problem you could imagine.

First of all, this is the very first Bluetooth device that I found to use "indication" instead of "notification". In the future, phyphox will autodetect which it is, so you do not have to change anything about this now, but the implementation of "indication" was broken on both Android and iOS. In principle, your phyphox-file is absolutely correct, but depending on which phones there are available to you, you need a different workaround until the next phyphox version is released:

Android
Unfortunately, in the current version indications do not work at all. If you need Android-support soon (i.e. students should use it or you do not have an iPhone available for development), let me know and I will try to get a new beta version ready soon.

iOS
Indications work even the file is set to notification (i.e. as it is right now), but there is yet another bug that you will encounter here: At the moment that last value in "formattedString" cannot be parsed if there is no terminating separation character. In other words: Simply add another ";" after the last value in your Microbit sketch and it should work with your current phyphox file on the current iPhone version.

Messages In This Thread
MicroBit Bluetooth UART - by J_Almer - 11-03-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: MicroBit Bluetooth UART - by J_Almer - 11-03-2020, 04:16 PM
RE: MicroBit Bluetooth UART - by J_Almer - 11-03-2020, 07:01 PM
RE: MicroBit Bluetooth UART - by Sebastian Staacks - 11-04-2020, 06:10 PM
RE: MicroBit Bluetooth UART - by J_Almer - 11-04-2020, 06:25 PM
RE: MicroBit Bluetooth UART - by J_Almer - 11-18-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: MicroBit Bluetooth UART - by J_Almer - 11-18-2020, 05:56 PM