This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

possibility for uploading experiments
Hello,

thank you for your answers. I think we all agree that the best solution for a teacher is to host a website, and post the phyphox there (and then either create a link or a QRcode to the file adding "phyphox://" at the beginning of the address.

My point is that this procedure is easy for advanced users, but not so easy for beginners (not everyone is as tech-savvy as you guys!). My suggestion was to implement an easy way for a teacher interested in playing with the phyphox experiments to do some first tests without having to set up a website.

Jens, I am sorry, but i am not an apple user, and I don't understand (nor can I replicate) your iCloud solution. Just, when you say that the phyphox files only need to be stored on the user device, that is not totally true, at least on the Android side: the app phyphox should also be able to access it, and know that it should.

Dominik, thank you for this trick. I am not a dropbox user, so I did not test it before, but it is great. So I could advice a physics teacher to :
- upload a phyphox file on dropbox
- create a QR code from the link to share the file with "phyphox://" at the beginning, and "dl=1" at the end

That is already a simpler procedure than hosting a website, thank you. Note that this does not work with all the file hosting services; I could not make it work with google drive for example (and I don't know why actually).

If the phyphox online editor could generate a qrcode without corrupting the uploaded file that would be an easy way rapidly transfer a phyphox file to a device with a minimum of manipulations.

Cheers,

Fred

Messages In This Thread
RE: possibility for uploading experiments - by fbouquet - 11-09-2020, 03:02 PM