This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Infrared sensor
Information 
Bonjour, 
Ça serait bien qu'on puisse utiliser le capteur infrarouge sur cette application.
Par exemple : pouvoir envoyer un signal sur une fréquence précise, ou dire la fréquence de réception d'un signal
Ça m'arrangerait beaucoup et ce serait la seule application qui fait ça, car je n'ai pas trouvé d'applications faisant ça justement
Désolé d'avoir parle français, c'est ma langue 
Merci et bonne journée 
Louis
Lightbulb 
Hello,

It would be nice if we could use the infrared sensor on this app.

For example: being able to send a signal on a specific frequency, or say the reception frequency of a signal

It would suit me a lot and it would be the only application that does that, because I did not find any applications doing just that.

sorry for my English

Thank you and good day

Louis
On the receiving side, we have not yet implemented the camera that might give access to the IR range. Apple used to filter these frequencies though…

I am not so sure about how many smartphones have a dedicated IR sensor. Face ID is utilizing one, however, there is no application interface, so no way to access it. IR blasters (for sending) are perhaps too exotic on smartphones that it would make sense to think about an implementation in phyphox.
Bonjour Louis.

You may use Arduino Nano 33 sensor BLE connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth using phyphox...
I already have a IR sensor on my Redmi note 9 for information
The number of smartphones with an IR sensor is too low and I doubt this will change anytime soon – if ever. For the time being, there are reams of projects that are of higher priority.

What would anyway be a scientific use case? Infrared transmitters do operate on a rather limited (“single” frequency?) range and amplitude data would not even be available, just patterns?