This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Experiments for object tracking
hi,
I use video analysis very often in my physics classes. I currently use the software Tracker. I introduce the method mostly in kinematics when the movement is too fast to measure it in other ways easily.
When the students are familiar with the method I go further.
Here are a few examples I have done in my classes.

- track the motion of real objects like cars, rollercoasters, trams, bikes, etc. - Determination of the type of movement and the parameters of the movement

- free fall - measurement of the gravitational acceleration
- falling objects with air friction (paper cones) - measurement the air resistance
- any kind of projectile motion, especially to show the superposition of the motion in two dimensions and determine the parameters

- conservation of momentum - collision experiments to measure the conservation of momentum and energy

If it is of interest to you, I can provide you with some examples of jobs I have used to give you an idea of the implementation and requirements. (in german)

It would be great if such a function would become part of phyphox. This could make the process of analysis much easier. However, the implementation of a good operation on mobile devices is certainly a challenge.

Messages In This Thread
Experiments for object tracking - by nefft0n - 03-01-2022, 11:10 AM
RE: Experiments for object tracking - by heilaut - 03-18-2022, 11:59 PM
RE: Experiments for object tracking - by nefft0n - 03-29-2022, 10:04 AM
RE: Experiments for object tracking - by fbouquet - 03-30-2022, 06:44 PM