This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

fingerprint sensor
Hi guys,

I am wondering, if you thought about getting access to the finger print sensor data?

Do you thought about this?

Thanks,

Romaxx
Hm… do you have a certain application on your mind? Please note that raw fingerprint data is definitely not accessible…
(03-21-2022, 09:18 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: Hm… do you have a certain application on your mind? Please note that raw fingerprint data is definitely not accessible…

No, not yet.

I was wondering, if fingerprint sensor data can be accessed some how easily like the acceleration data from the acceleration sensor.

I do not know how such sensor data would look like but phyphox is a app giving access to several sensors and their data, so I thought, you might thought about this?

Thanks.
(03-21-2022, 11:21 PM)Romaxx Wrote: I was wondering, if fingerprint sensor data can be accessed some how easily like the acceleration data from the acceleration sensor.
No, it can't – for good reasons…
(03-22-2022, 12:21 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 11:21 PM)Romaxx Wrote: I was wondering, if fingerprint sensor data can be accessed some how easily like the acceleration data from the acceleration sensor.
No, it can't – for good reasons…

Can you elaborate on these reasons?
Security and privacy. The sensor is closely bound to the Secure Enclave and Android's equivalent, respectively, so it is heavily protected by software or even hardware.
(03-22-2022, 10:30 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: Security and privacy. The sensor is closely bound to the Secure Enclave and Android's equivalent, respectively, so it is heavily protected by software or even hardware.

What security risk can exist, when raw fingerprint sensor data is applicable? I mean, the sensor has to be faked, not the data, which it produces. Or is it even the functioning principle of the sensor, which would be identified? Would that mean, fingerprint sensors are used to hide their functioning principle in general? But if so, how they can report the fulfillment of specific requirements, like necessary standards? Thanks.
I am not an expert on this, so please check with those who have written https://source.android.com/security/biometric, for instance…