This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

LiDAR frequency spectrum and simple experiment
Can the LiDAR Tool include a frequency spectrum along with the time history? This can allow for non-contact sensing of harmonic vibrations in the lab, a tool I've always wanted! 

Also, can the LiDAR data stream be included as an option in the simple experiment? Or is there guidance for a newbie like me to develop my own experiment that includes it alongside location and accelerometer? 

Thank you to all who have contributed to this wonderful app!
The spectra of phyphox could be easily adapted for the LiDAR/ToF sensor by editing the “input” block of the experiments at https://github.com/phyphox/phyphox-experiments (see phyphox file format).

Please note that the rates are rather low: 60 Hz (backside) and 15 Hz (frontside), so the range (<30 Hz and <7.5 Hz) and the resolution of frequencies are quite limited.
(10-10-2022, 04:14 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: The spectra of phyphox could be easily adapted for the LiDAR/ToF sensor by editing the “input” block of the experiments at https://github.com/phyphox/phyphox-experiments (see phyphox file format).

Please note that the rates are rather low: 60 Hz (backside) and 15 Hz (frontside), so the range (<30 Hz and <7.5 Hz) and the resolution of frequencies are quite limited.

Thank you Jens! The frequency resolution is quite good for benchtop experiments in structural dynamics. Shake table testing of small frame structure models often have frequencies in this range and a need to determine displacement without contact. I have compared with a high-precision accelerometer and results are quite good! I will follow up with the file format and post my experiment when it is ready. Thank you for the quick response and for getting me started!
You could also look into the audio autocorrelation experiment if that algorithm is an alternative to FFT…