This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Some problems with esp32 library version 2.0.4
Hi

I just got phyphox installed for Arduino (versions 1.8.x and 2.0.x) and compiled the standard "randomNumbers.ino" example from File>Examples>phyphoxBLE>randomNumbers.

The sketch failed to compile with error messages provided in a screenshot attached.
Redefinition of some of the BLE classes are the cause of error.

I tried ESP32S3 and legacy ESP Dev Module with the same error returned.

Is there anyone has the same problem?

John

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey,

it looks like this issue appears when the arduinoBLE and esp32 library are installed at the same time. Until I have a propper solution for this, you could uninstall the arduinoBLE library as a quick workaround.

Cheers
Dominik
(01-13-2023, 01:31 PM)Dominik Dorsel Wrote: Hey,

it looks like this issue appears when the arduinoBLE and esp32 library are installed at the same time. Until I have a propper solution for this, you could uninstall the arduinoBLE library as a quick workaround.

Cheers
Dominik

Dominik

You are right. Actually I tried to remove the post but couldn't find a way to do so. It was a silly mistake and not relevant to phyphox. When ArduinoBLE is installed along with esp32, there is a conflict of BLE classes.

Thanks.

John
I would like to keep your post for now. This does not look like an entirely uncommon mistake… Smile