This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Chromebook and databot
I have Phyphox, version 1.1.11, build 1011102, file format 1.5, installed on a Chromebook with version 110.0.5481.181 (the latest) of ChromeOS. I can connect to a databot V2.15  and do a System Check and the databot responds, but when I try to run an experiment with a databot sensor, it connects and the play button pulses and I push the play but I get no data, no readings. Need suggestions to try. Thanks.
Could you please provide some more details: how do you perform the system check, what experiments have you tried, and where/when have you downloaded these…
I used the QR code in the Databot documentation to add to Phyphox (BTW the same QR code read by my iPad works just fine). I open Phyphox and on the main screen are listed "databot Sensors" and "databox 2.0 System Tools."I click on System Check with my mouse or trackpad and a Pop up appears asking me to select a device. I select the databox and the System Check experiment screen appears with the Play button pulsing. I click on the Play button and the databot responses with all LEDs flashing and it plays a tune. The experiment screen displays Battery voltage, version, ID. I exit this experiment and go through the same proceedure with one of the databot Sensors, but after I click on the Play button nothing happens. The experiment box stays blank. I have left it sit for over an hour and still blank. What is also puzzling is Phyphox runs just fine on an 8 inch Amazon Fire with OS 7.3.2.7 (the latest), but a 10 inch Amazon Fire with the same version OS displays the same symptoms as the Chromebook. Mighty interesting! I'll be glad to provide any more info or whatever.

Edit: I got to thinking that perhaps I may have scanned the wrong QR code (the V1 code), so I uninstalled Phyphox from the Chromebook, reinstalled it, and scanned the QR code again and Phyphox now performs as it should. The System Tools is a seperate QR code and that may be why one worked and one didn't.
Thanks for the info. So, this appears to be solved, right? Smile
(03-10-2023, 01:15 AM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: Thanks for the info. So, this appears to be solved, right? Smile

Yes, as I type this my Chromebook is happily gathering atmospheric readings. I really think I just scanned the wrong QR. I did the same thing to my 10 inch Amazon Fire and it also now gathers data when connected. Thanks.