This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Set sample frequency to export data
Hello,

I'm a fan user of phyphox and use it for many useful measurements at home (timelenght to heat the water in the balloon overnight, duration and frequency of activation of my heater-pump...).

However, when recordings lasts for a dozen hours it becomes difficult to export and exploit the data. There are just too many samples, most of them useless for a study (Audio amplitude is a good example for me)
Can you add an option to set the frequency of the samples?
Such an option could be either in the option box of the experiment (saving memory for very long experiments) or in the workflow to export as Excel, CSV,.. I've got a temperature datalogger that includes such an option and it's very useful.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There are two options: if you just need data from the raw sensors, you could setup a simple experiment via the “+” in the main menu. There is an input field for the rate. In many other experiments, you could change the .phyphox source, https://github.com/phyphox/phyphox-experiments, and insert a rate to the sensor input, see https://phyphox.org/wiki/index.php/Phyphox_file_format

We would like to keep the number of settings as low as possible, so that the experiments just work. (At the latest with our upcoming new editor) anyone could adapt these to their specific needs.
Hello,

I can't see Audio in the list of sensors for simple experiments. Anyway it's good to know for other use. Thks

I'm not fond of modifying a source code but I had a quick look at the code for audio amplitude and also to the definition of the parameters rateStrategy and stride. Maybe I'll have a try. I'll let you know.
Bidouilleur en Haute Savoie Idea
Audio is _a lot of_ data and typically the raw stream is rather uninteresting. That's why it is not included as a “simple sensor”.

Good luck! Smile