This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Changing gyro range for Puck-js sensor
Earlier in this thread, Jens noted the potential for use of the gyro to impact battery use.

(06-04-2023, 09:30 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: Thanks for reporting. We will look into this. On first sight, I have not seen information if the different ranges have an impact on the power consumption

On the issue of power consumption, I wonder how the original Phyphox experiment for Puck-js handles power management. As I understand it, best practice for optimizing power consumption uses Puck.accelOff() to minimize unproductive drain by the gyro sensor when it is not in active use. If the Phyphox Puck-js Accel/Gyro experiment does not explicitly turn off the sensor, does that mean the puck continues to power the gyro even after it is no longer being used in an experiment?

Do we need to add an experiment termination sequence to ensure better power management?
The experiment has served you well so it should work the same for others. Smile So, some backstory might help to redo your research.

Ad power saving: as far as we can see, this is not (properly) possible with phyphox right now. It looks that removing the battery is the best anyway if you are not using the puck…