This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Start, stop: red lines and background
I have conducted a simple experiment using the new Puck.js accelerometer/gyro experiment in Phyphox.
I roll the puck down a shallow inclined plane for a short distance several times. Then, I stop the data collection for a brief interval and then restart the experiment. The bright red vertical lines indicate the times of events: stop and restart as expected.

But, I see a new change in the user interface for which I could find no explanation. The background of the charts after the restart event changes to a less bright red. What is the meaning of that change in the interface. Do I need to change procedures in response to those changes?

Weird. Usually, the region without live data gets this red-ish touch…
I have to test it later as I do not have the puck.js at hand right now, but it I think we overlooked that the timestamps from the puck.js are based on its own internal clock. Phyphox usually uses timestamps that "pause" when phyphox is paused, i.e. when you stop at 5 seconds and continue your measurement a minute later, the next timestamp will be something like 5.1 seconds, but from the puck.js we would get 65 seconds as the next timetamp.

This should be an easy fix as phyhphox just needs to be told to expect this. I have attached a version that should hopefully not exhibit this problem. (Untested, will test it later unless you beat me to it.)

Attached Files
.phyphox   puck.js Accelerometer and Gyroscope-test.phyphox (Size: 9.59 KB / Downloads: 88)
The attached -test.phyphox experiment seems to resolve the background color issue.
I get the red event markers and no changes in background color.
Thank you!