This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Inclusion of the arithmetic mean in some experiments
I think it would be usefulll if in some experiments the arithmetic means of some sensordata would be included.

For example, for the measurement of the earth-magnetic field (strengths, inclination, etc) it is convenient to measure in a certain time-slot and take the average to get rid of the fluctuations.

As a second example: in the experiment “evlvator” it is possible to to get velocity and covered track by integrating the accelerometer-data. For this I always first get rid of the offset by subtraction the mean over the whole elvator-ride (up and down).

Same holds to my opinion for the experiment inclination.

To ingrate the mean in the experiments should be easy, isn’t it?
I can see how it is helpful, but I am not sure, what the best way to implement this would be. In principle, an average can be added to pretty much anything in any experiment by changing the experiment using our editor, but it makes sense to have that function at hand without needing to create a special experiment for this. But I would also not display this all the time for every value for which it might be helpful to keep the interface simple.

At the moment, I think that the best solution would be adding it as a tool to the new interactive graph. If you check out our test version (https://phyphox.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=12), you will find that after tapping a graph, there is a "More tools" menu in the bottom right corner. I would add an entry "statistics" to this menu, which allows selecting a range of the plotted data and gives the average and maybe some more statistical information about the points in this range. This should allow retrieving an average in all examples without adding more data to the front of each experiment.

This will not be in version 1.1.0, but I think I could add it shortly after that.
maybe a easy way to implement this would be under the register "einfach" just to replace the running data with the running average, so that at the end of the experiment the average is automatically displayed - but this is just a idea!
Well, that's simple enough. Here is an example, of how it can be done right now. Just open the following link from your phone:
accelerometer_average.phyphox

Or, if you are already using the test version, you can just scan this QR code:

I think I will add this function to phyphox soon. Maybe not immediately in 1.1.0 (I have to think about the translators who are already working on 1.1.0), but soon after 1.1.0.
Are we talking about an 'Averaging' function or a 'Smoothing' function or both?