This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

New objects on View
Sometimes I want to show some data in a more cool way. Would be nice if instead of a graph, I can use a gauge, like this one. 
Thanks.
[Image: Gauge-Range-Gauge-Marking-Labels-on-gauge.jpg]
(03-20-2019, 05:39 PM)d.girardi Wrote: Sometimes I want to show some data in a more cool way. Would be nice if instead of a graph, I can use a gauge, like this one. 
Thanks.
(Image)

I managed to do the following:

Not quite as fancy and colourful, but it shows direction from compass and from GPS and some indication of the speed.

If anyone is still interested: Here is the full experiment (QR-Codes are great!):

The gauge is basically "drawn" using x/y-coordinates.
Wow, very impressive to achieve that with just our file format.

My idea was to implement support for SVG graphics and allow placeholder for parameters in the XML file. I had it already working but it was way too slow to rerender the whole SVG each time a value changes. Instead I am thinking of supporting layers of SVG graphics and mask layers to which matrix transformations can be applied. This would allow to design gauges and similar things.

However, this was one of several fun ideas that turned out to distract me from the more urgent tasks. I might look into it again once version 1.1.0 is released.

(For those who cannot wait: Zooming, bar charts, QR-Scanning and BLE are working on iOS now. Still need some analysis modules, point picking, color plots and some minor things before you get the beta on iOS.)
"... are working on iOS now." -- meaning that there exists a phone where that works or that anyone can get it somewhere?
(03-22-2019, 08:38 PM)Physikator Wrote: "... are working on iOS now." -- meaning that there exists a phone where that works or that anyone can get it somewhere?

The former now, the latter in a few weeks Smile