This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

6-dof
I would like to make a request to have a six-degrees-of-freedom telemetry (raw accelerometer with gravity and raw gyro - which means - 3 accel. and 3 velocities) visible on one screen.

It could be presented in one graph with 6 variables or two graphs (side by side in paysage mode and up down in portrait mode).

Application: cross referencing vehicle real life data with 6dof motion simulator. 
( Xsimulator.net hobby community)

Thank you.

Best regards - heXpod
An experiment like that can easily be configured: The simplest way is to use the app itself choosing "add simple experiment" and choose the sensors of your liking. You'll get a bit closer to your wishes using the editor (almost gives you LabVIEW-feeling!), although I'm not sure two graphs side by side will be possible. But two graphs on top of each other are standard stuff for phyphox.
(07-28-2019, 12:29 PM)Physikator Wrote: An experiment like that can easily be configured: The simplest way is to use the app itself choosing "add simple experiment" and choose the sensors of your liking. You'll get a bit closer to your wishes using the editor (almost gives you LabVIEW-feeling!), although I'm not sure two graphs side by side will be possible. But two graphs on top of each other are standard stuff for phyphox.

The only thing I can achieve is to have either accel or gyro.

Is it possible to view on one screen six variables ?

Some similar to this :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...o9Yth5enrA

Thanks
Multiple graphs in a single plot are a bit problematic in our editor at the moment, but it can still be done by writing the XML directly. However, all six in a single graph is not possible (at least not in a reasonable way as we do not support an additional axis for the different dimensions) and we only have vertical layouts. Nevertheless, I hope this is to some extend what you are looking for:
https://phyphox.org/phyphox-files/6dof.phyphox
(07-29-2019, 09:41 AM)PSebastian Staacks Wrote: Multiple graphs in a single plot are a bit problematic in our editor at the moment, but it can still be done by writing the XML directly. However, all six in a single graph is not possible (at least not in a reasonable way as we do not support an additional axis for the different dimensions) and we only have vertical layouts. Nevertheless, I hope this is to some extend what you are looking for:

You made my day :-)

Thank you very much !
(07-29-2019, 09:41 AM)Sebastian Staacks Wrote: Multiple graphs in a single plot are a bit problematic in our editor at the moment, but it can still be done by writing the XML directly. However, all six in a single graph is not possible (at least not in a reasonable way as we do not support an additional axis for the different dimensions) and we only have vertical layouts. Nevertheless, I hope this is to some extend what you are looking for:

Works great !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWLIwiob...e=youtu.be

I was thinking if it would be possible to get a real-time 6-dof UDP transfer for eventual application like:

- 6-dof gimbal
- a very much wanted motion canceling for HMD's

We have already a set of plugins grabbing a TCP or UDP data from games. All we would need would be to grab those 6 variables as stable and fast as possible, before we simply apply them on our degrees of freedom.

If its possible, would you please guide us a bit to achieve this ?

Thank you very much - Hexpod Smile
No, phyphox does not support sending the data via UDP. You can poll the data through a REST API (see https://phyphox.org/wiki/index.php?title...munication) but I doubt that this is fast enough for your applications.

So, if our REST API is not fast enough, you could try to simply add UDP yourself. Phyphox is open source and if you know a bit of coding and as long as it is just a "hack" specific to your task (in contrast to a generic implementation with user configuration), it should not be too complex. Alternatively, you might also find some other apps that are dedicated to sending sensor data through the network (I think, I have seen this somewhere).

One other alternative might be a Bluetooth connection as phyphox has a very flexible interface to communicate with custom devices, but I am not expecting very low latency here either.

In any case, I am not entirely sure if network latency and is low enough for motion stabilization, even with UDP. But I would be happy to hear what you can achieve.
Thank you very much for those explanations.

I would like to ask if we could automatically program the data being followed on the screen.

For the moment if I set a "fixed scale" on the x axis (timeline) the graph doesint follow the data automatically and once it reaches the end limit it disapears.

It would help us a lot if we could program it in a automatic way without going into the section "other tools -> follow new data" which unfortunatley we can not save on the phone side".

Thank you for your concern. Best regards - heXpod Shy
Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment, but I agree that this should be settable as a default in the configuration. I have added it to our todo list.

In the meantime, if you have become familiar with our experiment configurations, you can emulate this behaviour. You can append the data from the sensor to two buffers, an infinite one (size 0) that records the data and that is used to the export the data, and one with a fixed size. If you display the fixed size one, old date will be shifted out of the buffer once it is full and you will have a graph that follows new data.