This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

phyphox arduino channel limit
Hi,
I'm messing around with the Arduino BLE implementation.
Now I'm going further and recognizing, that the limit of channels that can be used in the write function is 5, as also mentioned in the readme file.
Is there a reason for the limit and is there a way to go around it?
Reason: I'm working on light gates that communicate via BLE and there are a lot of "delta t's" to analyze.
Greeting
Heinrich
The (historic) size of the data part in a BLE package is 20 bytes, with 4-byte floats that's 5. Perhaps Dominik could help you out…
Hey,

as Jens already mentioned, the package size is 20 bytes (BLE 4.0). Are you using an esp32? If yes you can check out this thread:

https://phyphox.org/forums/showthread.ph...35#pid2935

There is an small example which uses the data length extension feature for BLE 4.2. Unfortunately, this is not supported by the firmware of the Arduino Nano Family Boards. I also created the experiment in another task due to the bad memory usage in our library right now. I hope we can address this topic soon to get rid of this construction=).

Cheers 
Dominik
Thanks for the answers.
The variant worked for me.

Greetings
Heinrich