This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Microphone measurements together with other sensors
Ok, thanks to your reply I understood the lot of issues about audio recording, and that only API sensors can synchronize well.

I like much your idea of knocking them on a table and then put them together on the field, it can work if the long-time stability of internal clocks is ok for every device used. In fact, it takes several minutes to place the smartphones in the correct place. But, this long-time stability check can be an interesting experiment itself!
Another ideas: getting measurements in the evening and synchronize with a big big flash detected by the light sensor... or connecting the smartphones with a wire making a little electric coil near each magnetometer, and then closing the circuit to make a magnetometer detection (this appears more tricky logistically)

One problem of the clock could also be that maybe I should get only smartphones of the same model to make them behave similarly? Also, I heard from someone that each sensors is different from another and everyone has to be calibrated separately, so maybe having the same model of smartphone is not a warranty.

I found that my iphone 6 and my wiko y80 cannot go over 100 Hz (I'm writing 500 in the simple experiment sample rate tab). According to your experience is a matter of smartphone model or I'm missing some way to increase sample rate? For geoseismic surveys this increase in sampling rate is quite fundamental.

I hope you are always interested in this ideas, thank you for your time and helpful suggestions! Have a nice day

Andrea

Messages In This Thread
RE: Microphone measurements together with other sensors - by andrea - 02-10-2020, 02:03 PM