This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Client/server
While the web view is excellent

Is it possible for phyphox on a tablet for example, to process sensor data coming from a smartphone , for example spinning round in a washing machine :-)

basically so you change change graph elements, export data and use all normal phyphox viewing options
but simply sensors on another device.
No, this is not possible at this point. It should be possible to write a network experiment that catches the data from a phyphox that is running the remote access feature, but there is no simple out-of-the-box solution.
(04-20-2020, 11:34 AM)Sebastian Staacks Wrote: It should be possible to write a network experiment that catches the data from a phyphox that is running the remote access feature,

Thanks Sebastian
Are there any examples of this?
Nope, I have not even tried it myself. Our network interface (https://phyphox.org/wiki/index.php/Network_Connections) is very new, but in theory it should be able to send a get-request to the remote interface of another phone in remote access mode and interpret its JSON response. In any case, it requires a lot of setup. The phone offering the sensor data needs to run an experiment configuration with the correct sensors (usually the raw-data experiments should do) and needs to enable the remote access function, then the second phone needs a configuration based on the one with the analysis you want to use and then substitute the input from the sensors with the input from this network interface. In some cases, it would also require some additional logic to avoid duplicates and to stream the received data correctly by requesting only data points that have not yet been received.

So, I am not sure if this is a feasible approach.
Sound a bit beyond me, thanks for the the response