This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

vibration mm/s
Hi, is it possible to do acceleration vibration measuring in mm/s scale ?
[ You could set up an own experiment by changing the original one in phyphox.org/editor/ or any other text editor: rescale the data, and accordingly adapt the axes. ]

On second though: mm/s is a velocity. I would have expected that the natural unit of vibrations is m/s² because the acceleration is what is measured?

Computing a velocity in “osczillating” motions is known to be rather unstable with common numerical integration methods: the velocity is quite likely to run away.
Hi,

I agreed with Jens, but it seems that using specific numerical calculations namely "Omega Arithmetic’s" or "cumsum" may give pretty good result at rebuild velocity and displacement from acceleration.
My own mathematical level is too short to do it by myself , but I guess it's rather doable for guys involved in mathematics.
I think it would be a nice addition to have in the app.
This link could be a good place to start from:

http://prosig.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf...hmetic.pdf