This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Encountered a problem while setting up Bluetooth input.
When I create an experiment using the new editor and set the mode to 'default notification' with Bluetooth input, the generated XML file does not include 'mode=notification'. This prevents the experiment from being added to Phyphox on my phone.
The editor leaves out default values that's why there is no “mode=notification”. Could you download the .phyphox file from the editor and share it here? Then it's easier for us to check what's going on. Smile
(09-04-2024, 04:18 PM)Jens Noriʇzsɔɥ Wrote: The editor leaves out default values that's why there is no “mode=notification”. Could you download the .phyphox file from the editor and share it here? Then it's easier for us to check what's going on. Smile

<phyphox xmlns="https://phyphox.org/xml" version="1.18">
  <title>bluetooth test</title>
  <category>MakeMaker</category>
  <data-containers>
    <container size="0">output1</container>
    <container size="0">output2</container>
  </data-containers>
  <input>
    <bluetooth name="vm3">
      <output char="cddf0002-30f7-4671-8b43-5e40ba53514a" conversion="float32LittleEndian">output1</output>
      <output char="cddf0002-30f7-4671-8b43-5e40ba53514a" conversion="float32LittleEndian" offset="4">output2</output>
    </bluetooth>
  </input>
  <views>
    <view label="New View">
      <value label="New label">
        <input>output1</input>
      </value>
    </view>
  </views>
</phyphox>

——-----------------------———
I noticed that all default settings aren't present in the XML file. For example, when offset in output1 is set to 0, or length to 1, and Bluetooth mode is set to the default notification, these values are absent from the XML as well.
I noticed that all default settings aren't present in the XML file I noticed that all default settings aren't present in the XML file. For example, when offset in output1 is set to 0, or length to 1, and Bluetooth mode is set to the default notification, these values are absent from the XML as well. I noticed that all default settings aren't present in the XML file. For example, when offset in output1 is set to 0, or length to 1, and Bluetooth mode is set to the default notification, these values are absent from the XML as well. I noticed that all default settings aren't present in the XML file. For example, when offset in output1 is set to 0, or length to 1, and Bluetooth mode is set to the default notification, these values are absent from the XML as well. . For example, when offset in output1 is set to 0, or length to 1, and Bluetooth mode is set to the default notification, these values are absent from the XML as well.
I noticed that all default settings aren't present in the XML file. For example, when offset in output1 is set to 0, or length to 1, and Bluetooth mode is set to the default notification, these values are absent from the XML as well.
You are right: “mode” is mandatory. I noticed it missing while looking into an other report and misremembered…

The editor should set “mode” now.
Thanks a lot for your reply, and I'm really looking forward to this issue being resolved.
Today, during testing, I found that this bug has been fixed!

I have finally successfully used ESP32 to send data to phyphox using Bluetooth.

Thank you so much!
It has been directly fixed on Sep 5. You are welcome. Smile