This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Efficient deployment of experiments?
Hello,

How to easily drop some experiments on a phone is something I struggled a bit with at the beginning. In the end, the easiest for me was to drop the file on a server, create a qrcode, and flash it on my phone. A bit cumbersome during development, but since I kept the same file name, I only had to generate the QRcode once... Once I am happy, I share the QRcode with my students.

I could not use the online experiment editor, since I always ended doing something that was not allowed by the editor, and I am anyway not a fan of all the comments that the editor adds to the code, so I use plain text editor. Using the online editor of course gives you quick access to a qrcode.

In the end, I created a small php/js webpage to automate my procedure. If you want to take a look, the public version is here, you can use it, but I can not provide any guaranty of storage: https://hebergement.universite-paris-sac...generator/

Jens asked a few weeks ago for some ideas for the new phyphox web site: I think a similar service (drop a file, get a QRcode), more robust (more secured, and with secured storage for a given duration), would be of help to anyone who would like to test writing or modifying a phyphox experiment. For a beginner, having to jump through all the hoops to get the experiment on his/her phone is a bit daunting. This very forum provides a similar service, it would be "just" a matter of giving access to this tool outside the forum.

Cheers,

Fred

Messages In This Thread
RE: Efficient deployment of experiments? - by fbouquet - 10-02-2023, 10:35 AM