This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

magnetometer
Wink 
hi,
i'd like to use phyphox to verify Biot-Savart law and magnitude of the magnetic field inside a coil with my kids (last year of high school, 19 years old).
I run into some issues:
-i try to set my phone in a certain position in order to have no component of the earth field along a certain direction, for example x axe, so I put it with y axe along a compass needle but i can never see it measuring 0μT. The direction assumed by the phone when the x component of B is 0 is about 25 degrees different from the compass needle one. Is it because of the phone magnetic field?
-when a DC current  (0,45/1,4A) flows, an extra B is visible: it changes up to 34, 35 μT, visible enough on the x window, but it's oscillating and not constant. I really don't know why.

[attachment=17]
in this screenshot I tried with 3V, 6V and 9V and a resistor of 2,5 ohm

any hint?
thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
magnetometer - by manuboltri - 12-14-2018, 06:04 PM
RE: magnetometer - by Sebastian Staacks - 12-14-2018, 10:22 PM
RE: magnetometer - by manuboltri - 12-15-2018, 12:03 AM
RE: magnetometer - by Roland Van Kerschaver - 12-16-2018, 02:32 PM