This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

GPS sensor rate - only 1 per 20 sec
Question 
Hello!

First of all, thank you, developers, for this amazing and well-built app!

I am writing because I noticed a peculiarity about the Location sensor. The rate at which my phone takes GPS/Location readings is only 1 reading per 20 seconds. This is an obvious limitation for location based experiments. Since I have not seen any post or info regarding this (and I believe a lot of people would notice the limitation), I suppose the problem could lie in my phone's settings, but I cannot find it. This measurement rate is even output in the exported .csv files. I have also tried creating a new experiment where I combine sensor readings and change the measurement rate, but to no avail.
Is this a known problem or a limitation of the app? And is there a solution?

I would like to create an experiment where I measure the vibrations created by the city tram and correlate them with building deformations. This requires a very fast accelerometer refresh rate and reasonably fast GPS measurement rate.

Thank you in advance!

Messages In This Thread
GPS sensor rate - only 1 per 20 sec - by gneiss - 10-27-2020, 12:51 AM