This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

possibility for uploading experiments
(11-09-2020, 03:54 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote:
Quote:Dominik, thank you for this trick. I am not a dropbox user, so I did not test it before, but it is great. So I could advice a physics teacher to :
- upload a phyphox file on dropbox
- create a QR code from the link to share the file with "phyphox://" at the beginning, and "dl=1" at the end

The “phyphox://” won't work here as it would indicate an unsupported protocol for dropbox, just the regular “https://” link.
Hello,

Thank you for testing out the different solutions, Jens. I agree with you, Sebastian magic link is the easiest way, but for now it is hidden in the forum. I guess I could suggest a physics teacher to open a dummy thread and post his code on the forum, that way he would obtain his QRcode rapidly, but that would be a rude usage of the forum I think. I would be very happy if the magic link solution could be accessed without posting on the forum, or if the phyphox web editor could do it (the web editor actually *does* provide a QRcode, but it also mangle the code if you upload your own phyphox file, which unfortunately cost me some hours to figure out). I would be very happy if one of these solutions would be implemented.

even though the solution above is clearly my favorite solution, and the reason I created this thread in the first place, I will note that Dominik's solution, outlined in my previous message, even though being a bit more complicated, also works, to my surprise. Here is the QR code that I generated for the following link :
phyphox://www.dropbox.com/s/69d0d92coomnlhr/ballon_rakete.phyphox?dl=1

Surprisingly, I could use this QRcode to open the experiment on my (android) phyphox. When I first tried similar solutions couple of months back, using google drive, I could not make it work. There must be a difference in the way the files are handled between these two services.

Computers are strange beasts...

Cheers,

Fred

(11-09-2020, 04:07 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: Update: opening a regular download link via qr-code within phyphox in fact works on iDevices…

It also works on Android! I never realized! Waouh...

F.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: possibility for uploading experiments - by fbouquet - 11-09-2020, 04:33 PM