This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Questions on analysis cycles
Hi,
I really love Phyphox - even sometimes having very hard times to find out how to make an analysis part to behave the way I need.

Lately I read here https://phyphox.org/wiki/index.php/Phyphox_file_format about the feature of cycles.
I wanted to play around with this but couldn't find the attribute in experiment editor.
Is this something not accessible via the editor, meaning I've to add manually to the experiment's XML file ?

And here's another related question:
during a single (!) cycle do
  1. module calculations "consume" all values it finds in it's input buffer(s) (might be necessary for some modules like "average" vs "add"which uses multiple inputs for the sum)
    or
  2. do they "eat" just a single buffer value per cycle ?

From my understand so far option 2 would result in buffer length acting as timely delay while for option 1 buffer length would have to fit the type/amount of data coming in.
Is there a best practice to select for a buffer length ?

Any last question: is there a way to directly access the value of cycles (so I may visualize it for learning purposes); I know I might also build a constant counter but don't know whether this will behaves the same way.

Thanks !!

Messages In This Thread
Questions on analysis cycles - by Uwe - 01-03-2021, 01:54 PM