This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Speed of Audio-Scope on old phones
Hi,
I want to use Phyphox in my class. Because not everyone has a smartphone and it might make sense to use phones without WhatsApp an so on, I want to use my old ones:
Namely a CAT B15Q (android 4.4.2) and mobistel Cynus T1 (android 4.1.1) and others which I will collect from my friends.

The students should investigate sounds and find out, that higher frequencies have a higher number of oscillations per time. Therefore I use the audi-scope.

On my new phone it works perfectly. On the old phones there is a time shift of 6-7 seconds. That means:
1. switching on scope shows noise
2. I switch on the sound ( I whistle)
3. I see noise.
4. 6-7 seconds later the oscillations of my whispering appear.
5. stop whisteling
6. several seconds later (maybe again 6-7 seconds) the oscillations disappear.

Question: What are possible ways to speed up the reaction? I already changed the time windows from 10 to 5 ms, but that did not change the beahaviour noticeable. Using smaller or higher time windows would make it to complicated to count the oscillations.

best regards
Florian

Messages In This Thread
Speed of Audio-Scope on old phones - by florian.roemer - 02-16-2021, 12:23 PM