This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Newbie with first question
(04-03-2022, 04:33 PM)Jens Noritzsch Wrote: Technically, this should be possible: https://phyphox.org/wiki/index.php/Phyphox_file_format allows for quite some flexiblity and it looks like a simple button for storing the current value could do. At the end it would be the same as exporting the data to .xls or .csv and subtract a constant value in the data.

A fixed offset correction comes with some difficulties: the smartphone needs to be kept in exactly the same position all the time. Smartphones with a gyroscope can rather precisely determine an absolute position, see https://phyphox.org/wiki/index.php/Attitude_sensor, however, eliminating tilt might require some … maths.

Anyway, you should switch to the “raw magnetometer” in the “⋮” menu so that there are no calibration effects (there are lots of currents inside a smartphone so that the OS continuously recalibrates).

Hallo Jens,

Danke, This is a bit to high for me. There is one App for Android phone where I can just push a button and it sets the value to zero of course with certain jumps in the range of 0.0 to 0.3 µT and this is quite good as I can see the µTesla i am producing with my Helmholtz coil. OK, not research grade but good enough for me.

As the phone is laying in the Coil on a table without any movement this is already an advantage. I am not moving the phone inside the coil.

Grüße Rainer

Messages In This Thread
Newbie with first question - by Rainer - 03-31-2022, 10:35 PM
RE: Newbie with first question - by Rainer - 04-03-2022, 10:39 PM