This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Efficient deployment of experiments?
Dear Fred,

Thank you for your answer. I somehow missed the notification, so I'm replying only now.

Quote:I could not use the online experiment editor, since I always ended doing something that was not allowed by the editor, and I am anyway not a fan of all the comments that the editor adds to the code, so I use plain text editor. Using the online editor of course gives you quick access to a qrcode.

I agree. It would be great if the editor supported the uploading/importing of own phyphox files, just to use the handy QR-code feature.

Quote:In the end, I created a small php/js webpage to automate my procedure. If you want to take a look, the public version is here, you can use it, but I can not provide any guaranty of storage: https://hebergement.universite-paris-sac...generator/

Fantastic! Thanks for this. Works great. We need the data only for short time periods (during a lecture). So, the tool can be useful to disseminate an experiment among students. (Practical option 1)

Alternatively, one could work with a cloud-storage service such as SharePoint / OneDrive. If data synchronization is enabled on both the development machine and the smartphone (through an app), it is sufficient to click on phyphox file again on the smartphone to re-import it into the app. This option is useful to test edits quickly. (Practical option 2)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Efficient deployment of experiments? - by normanius - 10-19-2023, 04:05 PM