This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Near Space Balloon data recorder
This sounds exciting Smile
In principal, phyphox is (not yet) well suited for long-term measurements, because the screen needs to stay active and because phyphox may simply crash if it runs out of memory. However, when you only record at a rate of 1 Hz, you should be fine for quite a long time and you could do several hours even at a higher rate with a decent phone. Testing it a few time, as you say, is certainly the best idea to make sure that it works as expected.

To monitor the phone during the flight, you can use our remote access feature. The documentation is a bit lengthy (https://phyphox.org/remote-control/), but in practice it not that complicated. However, you need a wifi connection for this and I doubt that it will reach to 80,000 feet. Also, you should keep in mind that at 80,000 feet there might be quite a few environmental conditions that are way outside the ranges of what is "normal" for a phone. So, I am not entirely sure if everything will continue to just work up there...

In any case, I would love to here how this goes for you!

Messages In This Thread
Near Space Balloon data recorder - by David Voit - 08-12-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: Near Space Balloon data recorder - by Sebastian Staacks - 08-14-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: Near Space Balloon data recorder - by PE1BMC - 06-02-2020, 05:22 PM