This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Measurement of the resonance curve (Acoustics)
Sad 
The idea is to measure the acoustic resonance curve of a Helmholtz resonator.
The frequency of the output signal from an earphone put directly into the resonator (see figure) should be sweep between two values and the sound intensity should be measured by a microphone (also put to the resonator).
I did not find how to sweep the frequency by itself and realized a code using the phyphox editor (‘Resonance 2(3).phyphox’) with the time t taken from the timer module and a calculation of the frequency via f = f_start + df*t…
The realized program has two fails:
1. The peak position is delayed by some Hz (a problem of the synchronization of the sound reading and generation).
2. At the peak there is an instability of the registered sound intensity.

Remarks:
1. For the phyphox code I was inspired by the given phyphox experiments.
2. I find that my problem is similar to a problem given in the forum in German: ‘Frequenzgang eines Lautsprechers messen’.

Attached:
1. Phyphox code.
2. Obtained screen.
3. Photo of the experiment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.phyphox   Resonance 2(3).phyphox (Size: 116.61 KB / Downloads: 627)

Messages In This Thread
Measurement of the resonance curve (Acoustics) - by solid - 11-03-2019, 01:06 PM