This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

PhyPhox and Micro:Bit
So, I have good news and bad news for you:

The good news is that I created a configuration to read the magnetometer from my micro:bit and added it to the Wiki page as an example. You can find the config there: https://phyphox.org/wiki/index.php/BBC:M.../_Calliope

The bad news is that - at least for my micro:bit - the readings are not usable for anything. The problem is that each axis is reported as a 16bit value that can range from -32,000 to +32,000 (approximately) and unfortunately, they overflow several times while rotating the device. So, for example the x axis value would rise to 32,000, jump to -32,000 while still rising and then falling after actually reaching a maximum. I am not sure if this is a specific problem with my device (I also triggered the calibration to try and fix this) and I could not find whether there is a factor with which actual units should be derived, but it is definitely not a phyphox issue as the behavior can be seen in the raw data in nRF Connect as well. So, hopefully it is only my device that does this...

Messages In This Thread
PhyPhox and Micro:Bit - by J_Almer - 02-10-2020, 06:38 PM
RE: PhyPhox and Micro:Bit - by Sebastian Staacks - 02-12-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: PhyPhox and Micro:Bit - by J_Almer - 02-13-2020, 07:51 PM
RE: PhyPhox and Micro:Bit - by Sebastian Staacks - 02-14-2020, 11:13 AM
RE: PhyPhox and Micro:Bit - by Sebastian Staacks - 02-15-2020, 11:37 PM
RE: PhyPhox and Micro:Bit - by J_Almer - 02-16-2020, 09:04 PM
RE: PhyPhox and Micro:Bit - by J_Almer - 02-18-2020, 07:18 PM
RE: PhyPhox and Micro:Bit - by Sebastian Staacks - 02-20-2020, 12:05 PM