This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Calliope Mini as external Accelerometer
(03-08-2020, 05:53 PM)Jonathan Haug Wrote: Actually there is a characteristic called "Accelerometer Period", which "determines the frequency with which accelerometer data is reported in milliseconds."
[Micro:bit Docs]

But I was not able to write a proper new value with nRF Connect due to too many questions (hex or uint16 ? with or without "0x"? from right to left or from left to right? byte array or uint8?)

The doc says it is uint16 (and everything else seems to be little endian, so this probably is also little endian). In nRF Connect you should then simply enter one of the listed valid option. However, their descriptions says that it is the "frequency in milliseconds". Uhm...? Since the title says that it is the period, I would guess, that it is in fact the period. But a period of 1ms would amount to a frequency of 1000 Hz and I do not believe that this works properly through Bluetooth Low Energy. You need to try a few values if you'd like to change it. In phyphox you could then set it as a "config" entry in the Bluetooth block, which should also work with "uInt16LittleEndian" as a conversion function.

(03-08-2020, 05:53 PM)Jonathan Haug Wrote: Final question:
How would I permanently distribute this work? I created a little Icon, now I'm getting up to 10 Offline QR-Codes and the Online-QR-Code is not permanent for sure. Same would go for another config file for the magnetometer, which I'm planing to edit soon.
Well, so far, we have not yet deleted any QR codes and since each is only associated with a file that has a size of few kB, we are keeping an eye on the huge amount of files, but do not yet intend to delete anything - we also do not guarantee, that it is working forever. The best way to share it, is to download the phyphox-file from the editor and place it in our wiki. You need to create an account (which I have to approve because of massive spamming by bots in the past) and then simply upload the phyphox-file to the wiki. If you simply link to this uploaded file on the Micro:Bit/Calliope page, the wiki will automatically create the context menu which allows creating a QR code or downloading the original file. Just have a look at the Wiki code of the first few entries (the other ones with QR codes are from a user).

(03-08-2020, 05:53 PM)Jonathan Haug Wrote: When marking a few characters in an input-field in the editor and then pressing "Delete", the editor is asking me "Would you like to delete this module?"
Thanks. The editor really needs a few fixes and lacks some functions. At the moment, I just cannot find the time to work on it.

(03-08-2020, 05:53 PM)Jonathan Haug Wrote: When searching for bluetooth devices within the app I have to touch the desired entry quite often (5 to 10 times) until it is recognized by the app.
Thanks again. I have added it to my todo list (it sometimes felt a bit unresponsive to me as well, but never bad enough to really look into it). Hopefully, I can figure  it out for the next release.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calliope Mini as external Accelerometer - by Sebastian Staacks - 03-08-2020, 10:34 PM