This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Experiment Layouts and Capabilities
Since I know your use-case: Yes, I think setting up your own service will make things easier for you. For example, as you asked in the other thread about sharing multiple experiments at once, which cannot be done with our editor. Simply put all your experiments (the phyphox-files) in a single zip file, upload them to your server and create a QR-code that points to this zip file. (You may replace "http://" or "https://" by "phyphox://" in the address if you want to avoid the confusion that a regular QR scanner tries to open the URL in a webbrowser.)

Another very important advantage is that you can update your experiments without the need to deploy new QR codes. If you change anything in our editor, you need to create a new QR code and any user who still has the old QR code will receive the old experiment. If you host it yourself, you can decide to simply replace the existing zip file or a phyphox-file within the zip file and the existing QR codes will yield the updated experiments instead.

(03-30-2020, 07:03 PM)RobertGrover Wrote: One other question, is there any support for doing some data manipulation / calculations in the .phyphox file? For example taking the 3 acc values from the sensors and doing a linear acceleration calculation on the phyphox side. We can do it on the arduino side, but it's more data to send and we're running into some obstacles with the amount of data we're sending.

Not sure if I understand the question correctly. You probably know the analysis options from the editor or the documentation of our file format. Every analysis done by phyphox is defined in our file format. If you are asking for sensor fusion, I would say that it might be possible to some extend, but it might not be too much fun to implement in our format. But numerical integration and filters via Fourier transforms are in principle possible - at some point it just gets a bit annoying to implement and we do not really support loops and only somewhat awkward conditionals.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Experiment Layouts and Capabilities - by Sebastian Staacks - 03-31-2020, 01:10 PM