This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Question about the phyphox file format
I am afraid, that the start-up behavior is not identical across Android and iOS. Both version are implemented separately and indeed, the Android version runs an entire iteration to be able to show some initial data like for example the sound wave of the tone generator. However, the student who initially ported the very first phyphox version to iOS tried to be a bit more efficient about it and implemented some logic to figure out which buffers needs to be calculated. At some point this has been removed again, but both version never worked identical in this regard, sorry Smile

Jumps on continuation happen because we do not simply count up with subsequent new values, but we get a timestamp relative to the last boot of the phone. We then subtract the beginning of the measurement. However, if you pause and then continue, you usually do not want a long gap with the duration of the pause, so we use the current time axis (if there is any) to adjust the reference point. But since we cannot know the exact time interval between data points, there is actually no gap there.

(Sorry, this is a rather quick answer, since I have to call it a day and cook for my family Smile )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about the phyphox file format - by Sebastian Staacks - 04-17-2020, 05:17 PM