This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Interested in Video Analysis
Similar to what "Tracker" does if you have ever seen it  (Here is a link for reference), however, the incredible integration of your product seems like the perfect place to be able to quantitatively analyze motion using built in smart phone cameras.

Rice
(09-04-2018, 08:11 PM)Rice Wrote: Similar to what "Tracker" does if you have ever seen it  (Here is a link for reference), however, the incredible integration of your product seems like the perfect place to be able to quantitatively analyze motion using built in smart phone cameras.

Rice
On Android I use the Vid Analysis (https://vidanalysis.com/) but will be great if phyphox has the same feature.
Good to know that there is some interest in integrating this into phyphox. When the upcoming big update is done, we are thinking about working with the camera, which at first will mostly involve brightness and color analysis. We have internally thought about stepping up to tracking later, but this will depend on whether we find that we can offer some additional value compared to existing app.
(09-05-2018, 09:05 AM)Sebastian Staacks Wrote: Good to know that there is some interest in integrating this into phyphox. When the upcoming big update is done, we are thinking about working with the camera, which at first will mostly involve brightness and color analysis. We have internally thought about stepping up to tracking later, but this will depend on whether we find that we can offer some additional value compared to existing app.

Since i work very often with videoanalysis programs (Measure Dynamics e.g.) in school with students and trainees, i can confirm that there are no useful programs for android os. On IOS there is "Vernier Video Physics", that works very well on tablets and phones. But on Android os there is only "VidAnalysis", that doesn`t work properly in my opinion. The only useful program on android os  for analyizing videos is "motion shot" from sony. It makes stroboscope pictures from self recorded motions. Those pictures can be easily analyzed by young students. I know a lot of people, expecially young teachers, wo are very interested in similar programs on androis os as "Vernier Video Physics". This would be a very helpful and powerful instrument for experiments with motions, especially using a slow motion video.
(09-05-2018, 01:41 PM)Antibottom Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 09:05 AM)Sebastian Staacks Wrote: Good to know that there is some interest in integrating this into phyphox. When the upcoming big update is done, we are thinking about working with the camera, which at first will mostly involve brightness and color analysis. We have internally thought about stepping up to tracking later, but this will depend on whether we find that we can offer some additional value compared to existing app.

Since i work very often with videoanalysis programs (Measure Dynamics e.g.) in school with students and trainees, i can confirm that there are no useful programs for android os. On IOS there is "Vernier Video Physics", that works very well on tablets and phones. But on Android os there is only "VidAnalysis", that doesn`t work properly in my opinion. The only useful program on android os  for analyizing videos is "motion shot" from sony. It makes stroboscope pictures from self recorded motions. Those pictures can be easily analyzed by young students. I know a lot of people, expecially young teachers, wo are very interested in similar programs on androis os as "Vernier Video Physics". This would be a very helpful and powerful instrument for experiments with motions, especially using a slow motion video.
Adding the information that Vernier's app is paid and VidAnalysis do not perform an auto track. You need to touch the object frame by frame to get the data. I even don't understand why they don't use OpenCV to do the job automatically. In my opinion, even if we had a good app for video analysis, will be great if phyphox has this feature too.
ok, I see, we really consider this. However, it will be a while before we get to video tracking...

Good to see this conversation can happen.  There are several tracker-type programs for computers (Tracker and Vernier LoggerPro are two I have used) but I am surprised to see that this far into the cell phone timeline nothing significant has come out.  As mentioned, Vernier does have a good app that is not free and is (currently) iOS only. 

Perhaps this is a bigger project than you wish to take on and there is no telling what other developers have in the pipe, but for now there is a void.

Physics on everyone.
Rice
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...oachmodvid

Automatic tracking
Different platforms
Different languages

https://cma-science.nl/wp-content/upload...ablet2.png
(09-05-2018, 02:22 PM)Sebastian Staacks Wrote: ok, I see, we really consider this. However, it will be a while before we get to video tracking...

Reviving an old thread rather than starting a new one. 

This would be a powerful feature to add. Has there been any more consideration on adding this?

J. Mills
Well, the plan is to look into the camera 2020. Not yet sure what's possible.